Our TeamMeet the people of Hairy Cow Brewing Company
Todd McLester is our salty founder. After 25 years of protecting the fine citizens of Rockford, Illinois in a variety of positions with the Rockford Police Department, Todd decided to take it easy and build a little brewpub in Byron. The brewpub is fondly named after Todd’s Scottish Highland Cattle.
- Favorite Food – Sushi
- Favorite HCB Menu Item – Margherita Pizza with tomatoes and sausage
- Favorite HCB Beer – Denmar Oktoberfest, Sours (no, we don’t yet)
- Fun Fact About Todd – He’s friendlier than he appears.
Partner & Head Brewer
Jon Lambert is Head Brewer and partner at HCB. He started home brewing in 2010 before taking it up a notch (or ten) and turning pro. Jon’s thoughts about brewing… “I love the process, but more than that, I love sharing beer with friends and family”.
- Favorite Food – Crab legs
- Favorite HCB Menu Item – Chicken tenders and fries
- Favorite HCB Beers – Porters and stouts
- Fun Fact About Jon – He loves exploring the outdoors, mountain biking, hiking, camping, and more
Partner and Host
Jim Orlando is our resident foodie, dough-maker, partner, and colorful host. Jim retired from a career spanning 38 years at Woodward Governor where he acted as photographer and safety director. When he’s not out on the town entertaining friends and family, you will find Jim schmoozing with customers at HCB. Our social butterfly, Jim is always the best-dressed man in the room.
- Favorite Food – Ossobuco
- Favorite HCB Menu Item – Jimmie Pizza
- Favorite HCB Beer – Coffee Stout
- Fun Fact About Jim – He speaks fluent Italian
Head Pizza Creator
Marcos Garcia is our Head Pizza Creator. He has been in the pizza business for eleven years and loves to create exciting and exotic new pizzas for the HCB menu.
- Favorite Food – Cesina Tacos
- Favorite HCB Beer – American Hairy
- Fun Fact About Marcos – He’s our most eligible bachelor, ladies…
Andrea (On-Dray-Uh) Simmons is our Head Server at HCB. She has been in the food service industry for twelve years. Andrea has a laid-back style and loves interacting with guests.
- Favorite Food – (blank stare….. )
- Favorite HCB Menu Item – Baby Kale Salad
- Favorite HCB Beer – Prairie Grass Kolsch
- Fun Fact About Andrea – This sassy lady was born in Virginia Beach, VA
Liz McDonald (McLiz) is the HCB Head Bartender. She has ten years of experience in the service industry tackling a range of duties including bartending, serving, cooking, private event work and managing.
- Favorite Food – Chicken Marsala
- Favorite HCB Menu Item – Taco Pizza
- Favorite HCB Beer – Gose style ale
- Fun Fact About Liz – She loves video games and scary movies
Event and Merchandise Coordinator
Liz Hiemstra (Liz H) is HCB’s event and merchandise coordinator. She’ll help you plan your special events at the brewpub and send a little Hairy Cow home with you. Liz also operates a small cut flower farm on her property in Oregon, IL, where she enjoys spending time with her husband and two children.
- Favorite HCB menu item – Veggie pizza
- Favorite HCB Beer – Limpin’ Pig
- Fun Fact About Liz – She has two cats, three dogs, nine chickens, and countless goldfish